...

...

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

iRun

Yesterday marks the first day of running for me. I don't remember the last time I ran. I think it was before I found out I was preggers and I think I ran a little in the first month or two, but then I got nervous to run; so I stopped. I have decided to start a walking/running mile or more. This is huge for me because I tend to start work outs and never do them again, but I am determined (I feel) more than ever to get healthy, in shape, and feel good in my skin. After my son was born I lost all my pregnancy weight and some. When we moved from Colorado to California I wanted to keep losing weight, but instead I did just the opposite. I put back on the "and some" weight. I've kept myself from gaining anymore than my pre-pregnancy weight, but that is just not where I want to be. I use the excuses of, "I'm a mom, Isaac takes up all my time, I'm tired, I'll nap instead..." and the list goes on. I've been feeling lazy, lethargic, unhealthy, and sick. All the things that everybody wants to feel, right? Ha! I don't think anyone wants to feel like that. I always tell myself that I want to do this for healthy reasons, which is good, but in all honesty I want to look how I did in High School. I know that is not realistic and a goal that would never get met, but in high school I was an athlete. I was in shape, energized, and healthy. So, my goal is to become that athlete again who was in shape, energized, and healthy! I also looked good in my clothes. Which is another goal of mine: look good in my clothes, the clothes I have... It is just not in the budget to go out and buy larger clothes!! I might be a little too critical of myself and some will say, "oh you look great!", but I don't feel great. So, I'm telling everyone that I need the accountability and encouragement to get in shape, energized, and healthy. If y'all wanna do this with me let me know. I'm just exercising (stuff I can do with Isaac) every morning, not doing any kind of diet (yet).You can do whatever you feel you need to do to meet the goal(s) you have set. This can be long distance accountability or right there with me. I would love the motivation and I'm sure there are others who feel like I do, but need that accountability partner to get them moving.

Email: LRoot84@gmail.com
FB: www.facebook.com/laurenroot
Text/call if you have my digits



Enjoy Motherhood!
Momma Root 

No comments:

Post a Comment