...

...

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Motherhood Moments

Throughout my twenty seven years of life my mother has shown me the skills of motherhood...

M - mastering the art of juggling a million things at once.
O - offering all of one's self.
T - teaching strength and wisdom.
H - having a heart filled with unconditional love.
E - encouraging and supportive.
R - rejoicing in every accomplishment.
H - hands that care.
O - open arms that will always be there.
O - obeying the call to cherish children.
D - desiring children to reach their full potential.

I am gradually learning these skills while being a stay-at-home mom. Though I know there are many things to learn about being a mother I have found that there are many things that come naturally. Naturally, I worry about my son like I have never worried before. Naturally, I have so much love for my son that I didn't know I could ever have for anyone. Naturally, I have moments of joy and moments of frustration. My hope is that I can encourage other mothers by sharing these moments. There is one moment that I was remembering today about my mom and I. I was sixteen years old when I had just passed my drivers test. My mom was so happy for me even though she probably didn't want me out on the road driving a car. She wanted to celebrate and take me to lunch. She let me drive over to Del Taco and as I was parking just before going into the restaurant I stepped on the gas instead of the break. The car went up over the curb and thankfully I had quick reflexes and stomped on the gas otherwise I would have hit a person and went through the window of a dry cleaners. I can laugh now, but at the time I was shaking, crying, and in awe of what I had just done. As I looked over at my mom with tears in my eyes she looked at me with a smile and told me that it was okay. In that moment my mom showed me how to comfort in any situation. I am so blessed by the example I have and hope to give my son the same example.

May we learn to enjoy the gift of motherhood.
- Momma Root


1 comment:

  1. I love this Mama Root!!! Thanks for sharing this :) Motherhood is definitely something new that I am learning more about day by day...they are crazy but specially blessed days!! So excited for all of the mama blogs to come!!love you!! Mama Fowler

    ReplyDelete